Thursday, March 9, 2017

Devotion for Thursday, March 9


And when they could not bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and after having dug through it, they let down the mat on which the paralytic lay (Mark 2:4)

To what lengths will you go to bring others to Jesus?  

The lesson today from Mark is one that encapsulates the beauty and power of Christian community. The friends of this paralytic man are unwilling to let barriers keep them from bringing him a chance at healing, wholeness, and new life.  The commitment they make to not let anything keep them from doing something special for their friend is inspiring and humbling.

I ponder if I am as supporting of others as these friends.  I wonder if I readily seek opportunities to share with those in need the healing and life-giving message of Jesus' love?  How willing am I to not only pray for others, but, in the moment, pray with others?  Do difficult barriers dissuade me from following through with helping others who truly need my help?

May the message today of courageous Christian friendship invite us to consider how we can model this same loving and selfless behavior in our lives.

Loving Jesus, guide us to serve others and love others as you have first served and loved us! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment