Friday, November 4, 2016

Devotion for Friday, November 4 (Psalm 23 Week)


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil. 
My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23: 5-6)

My father, Pastor Bob, loves the end of this psalm.  He once told me that he finds the image of sitting at a table feasting in the presence of enemies approaching is an image of absolute confidence in God's reign.  It is as if, he says, in the strength of God's presence and power, we can stare down our whatever life brings our way with an unabashed trust that God is always in control!  I agree!

May you find the power and strength of God to stare down whatever life is bringing your way right now. Do so in the confidence of knowing that God's got this! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment