Monday, April 11, 2016

Devotion for Monday, April 11



“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.  Discipline yourselves, keep alert,” (I Peter 5: 6-8)

Humility.  Don’t be anxious.  Become disciplined.

These words have found a special place in my heart.  I have recently been experiencing a season of great growth in my life and my faith.  And these three words from I Peter have contributed much to helping me enter this season. 

Humility for me has come in recognizing that I cannot control my life.   I have tried so often to control the places in my life that were going awry.  However, invariably, I fail.  Yet, when I can somehow take the mighty hand of God and allow Him to lead me, I find peace.

Likewise, when anxiety creeps into my life, which it consistently will, I try to remember that leaning on God becomes my salvation.  Too many times I have failed to seek this support and allow anxiety to consume me.  Yet, I have come to find that when I can and do offer my struggles to God, I find comfort and new possibilities. 

Discipline for me comes in remembering each day who and whose I am.  I can get side tracked of course, more than I would like to admit.  Still, I have become more disciplined in my life recently.  More disciplined in my reliance on God to sooth me, empower me, humble me, and enlighten me with faith and trust. 

I am thankful that God has not and will not give up on me.  And know that God has not and will not give up on you either.


God of grace and glory, encourage us to find the beauty of faith in all of life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment