Friday, January 27, 2017

Devotion for Friday, January 27


O Lord, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me (Psalm 22)

From an early age, I was assured by my parents that I could "always pray to the Lord." Even though I couldn't see Jesus, he was "in my heart" and available for my concerns and to offer my support at all times.

So, I began praying all the time.  At first, about seemingly insignificant issues (i.e. for my team to win, to get a good grade, to achieve some personal desire, etc.).  As I have grown older and wiser (hopefully) and more faithful (certainly) I have continued to pray and seek the Lord's support, comfort, and peace pretty much all the time.  It is a daily, if not hourly, if not minute by minute exercise.  Because as my parents told me so long ago Jesus is not far off, but right beside me whenever I need it and wherever I am.   

This is your assurance too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment