Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Devotion for Wednesday, July 13



Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth (Psalm 100:1)

When we come together to worship God, whether in a sanctuary, or a camp, or on the beach, we are called by these words from Psalm 100 to make joyful noises!  Thank goodness it doesn't read -- noises that are not off key!

I love to sing and play music.  It is a real gift to participate in a choir, play guitar, play the drums, and sing my off-key best.  I must admit that joyful and noise is what I am best at; not being talented or gifted to be sure.

In a way, it is reminiscent of much of my life with Jesus.  I am neither a superstar pastor nor earth-changing preacher.  I am neither an amazing leader nor a fabulous counselor.  I am just Dave.  

Still, despite my failures and frailties, I will seek to bring joy and worship to the life of others.  I may not always do it well but at least I will be authentic.  And this is something each of us can do.  

Authentically be who we are and offer ourselves humbly and with passion to the work of Jesus.  In doing so, we will live most fully into the kingdom life that Jesus desires for us all.

Help me make a joyful noise of worship to you, dear Lord. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment