Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Devotion for Wednesday, May 24


You have turned my mourning into dancing (Psalm 30:11)

The following song is one that I believe speaks to the tragic and heartbreaking realities of our world with the promise of Jesus.  Whether it was the recent death of a loved one, a time of difficulty in a relationship, or even an atrocity like what happened in Manchester, England.  The Lord will work to bringing healing, restoration, and hope.

Mourning into Dancing

(Chorus)
You've turned my mourning
Into dancing again
You've lifted my sorrows
And I can't stay silent
I must sing, for your joy has come

Where there once was only hurt
You gave Your healing hand
Where the once was only pain
You brought comfort like a friend

I feel the sweetness of Your love
Piercing my darkness
I see the bright qnd morning sun
As it ushers in your joyful gladness
(Chorus)

You're anger lasts for a moment in time
But Your favor is here
And will be on me for
All my life time
(Chorus)

"Mouring into Dancing" by Ron Kenoly

No comments:

Post a Comment