Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Devotion for Wednesday, March 9


Readings for the day
   Psalm 101, 109: 1-30; 119: 121-144
   Genesis 50: 15-26
   I Corinthians 12: 1-11
   Mark 8: 11-26

Now there are a variety of gifts, but the same Spirit; there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good (I Corinthians 12: 4-7)

Spiritual gifts!  Everyone has them.  One of the struggles people often face is determining what they might be in their own lives.  But please, make no mistake, you have been given spiritual gifts.  

God activates them in your life, and here is the thing about this:  they may have nothing to do with what you "do for a living."  They may.  In my case, my spiritual gifts led me into the ministry.  But for most people, your spiritual gifts may be something that you do outside your profession.

Are you interested in learning what yours may be? Check out the link below.  There are 105 questions which took me about 10 minutes to answer.


You can sign in as a guest, no need to sign up for anything.  You can have them emailed to you, but you can also simply print them out, which is what I did.  

This may be helpful to you to consider where God is actually working and leading you in your life.

And I would love to hear what you find out!

Guiding Spirit, help us become aware of and make use of our gifts for the kingdom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment