Thursday, February 2, 2017

Devotion for Thursday, February 2


Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice. 
Let your gentleness be known to everyone. (Philippians 4)

Can we find a way to rejoice together? 

Rejoicing is a gift from God and too often we rejoice separately.  Instead, in faithfulness, we need to seek those places where we can rejoice together.  

A way to make that happen, I believe, is to let our gentleness -- with each other -- be known! Can we seek to listen to those with whom we disagree?  Can we be open to sharing our concerns with others so that we can foster relationship, if not, reconciliation? Can we find that what may divide us is not as strong as what unites us?

As a man of faith, I am challenged to live my faith fully and completely.  It calls me as a Christian leader to both speak the Gospel in my understanding but also to be humble and listen to those who would share a critique.  Witness in courage and listen with humility. This is the only way that I can grow and the only way I can help others grow.  It is incumbent upon me to model faithfulness in both ways I believe.  

My sincere desire is to help catalyze more rejoicing together.  I believe that we can find ways to give thanks and rejoice in the Lord always.  For through gentleness and love for all, we can help foster an environment of mutual trust and learning together.  And this, when and where are successful, is indeed in cause for rejoicing! 

In Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment