Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Devotion for Wednesday, February 15


All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, 
and has give us the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5)

The longer I continue in the work of professional ministry, the more I become convinced that seeking and providing opportunities for reconciliation is at the heart of the way of Jesus.  While I have always known this, of course, it has become more and more personal to me in recent years.

When people are estranged from each other and reconciliation happens, a true holy moment occurs, nothing short of the in-breaking of the Kingdom of God.  I've witnessed it in so many occasions.  I've even experienced it myself with others.

When reconciliation ceases to occur in so many instances, all that remains is distrust, envy, anger, and frustration.  Ultimately, most of the time, people simply ignore each other or remove themselves from each other's lives.  The disconnect remains however and in quiet moments the anger and pain rise up in unhealthy ways.  

This is why, as the people of Jesus, if we can foster avenues and spaces where reconciliation can happen, we will be doing what Jesus first did for all of us.  My prayer is that we can embrace a spirit of reconciliation within our community of faith and as part of our personal witness in the world. May God bless us to do so. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment